Movie Reviews

Friday, September 16, 2011

Hookah While Driving...What?

      Originally, I was going to make a movie post today but that'll just have to be on a temporary hold. I'm doing this for three very adequate reasons. The first reason being, I'm not completely finished with the movie. The second reason is that it's too early in the morning to do a critical review. The third and final reason: I have something even better to talk about. JPB, sigh, what can possibly possibly better than that? I'll give you my answer to that question when you answer one of mine. When's the last time you did some hookah while driving with you're buddies heading to 53rd and 6th at one in the morning?
      If nothing comes to mind when someone casually says 53rd and 6th, then you, my friend, have been living a pretty sheltered life. It is the location of one of the best Halal Carts in New York City. Google it, it's pretty famous. Yesterday night, my roommate came up with a plan. Blame him for the gastric pain I'm feeling right now. Basically, he was going to cash in going to Toxicology at 7:30 in the morning to go get some Chicken and Rice, at this specific Halal Cart, which always has a shitload of people standing on line. How convenient...But that's not all. We were going to Hookah all the way there and back.
      What? You Hookah? You won't find me doing it all the time though, only just once or twice a month when friends are over. But this idea blew my mind for a good minute. I was always the good boy in school and church; known to everyone as the gentleman that never drinks, smokes, or makes rash decisions. But I think I still do a pretty good job keeping my gentleman status intact. I won't smoke but then again, I do hookah sometimes. Do what you will with that one. After that minute passed by, the idea of going didn't sit right with me. First off, I don't want either of us to miss our morning class and secondly, I didn't feel like buying anything anymore. I forgot to pay rent today.
      There will be some of you that are going to be very surprised when reading this entry. To those people, surprise!!? Luckily, my roommate said that he would pay because I bought lunch for a bunch of our buddies two days ago. After hearing that...everything seemed in place. Tell you what, I don't regret the decision. It was by far one of the most peaceful car rides I've ever been on. When we got to the cart, we encountered this Caucasian male that insisted that we company him to go piss on FOX 5 News Studio, which was only a couple of blocks down. Why exactly? I'm not sure but I'm getting the feeling that he actually works for them. It's what I would do if my University was a couple of blocks down. But we....didn't go. Too much crazy for me for one day.
      By the time I got home, it was about three in the morning. I remembered that I still had to proofread my sister's Honor Society essay. After hitting the send button, I unknowingly fell asleep on the laptop, only to wake up at 8:00AM. So much for Toxicology lecture and I still have to pay rent. The perfect formula for an amazing start of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Ah, NYC...lol. You shoulda pissed on the Fox studio! It's not like the cops would come after you, they've got bigger fish to fry.

    It's a good thing you only do one or two Hookas a month. I hear they're expensive in New York. hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. The NYPD is unpredictable. They're equally likely to laugh while you do the deed as they are to send a complete dog squad after you. Actually, one of my good friends owns a Hookah set-up so I'm pretty much coughing my lungs out for free.

    ReplyDelete