Movie Reviews

Thursday, September 1, 2011

I Still Remember

      This one is dedicated to one of my best friends who is going through a rough time right now. He just got out of an almost three year strong relationship. It's going to be tough but it wasn't your fault. Remember, life's a long time. Just know if you need anything, your boys will always be here for you.

I Still Remember

It hasn't been that long
Since I saw a full smile on your face.
Yet it only took an instant
for you to give up the chase. 

I still remember the time.
Remember? When I would have given even my heart to you?
You meant the world to me.
Yet you, so easily, tore me in two. 

In me hides a longing for things to be as they started out,
When you said "I love you" because you wanted to. 
Here I am bearing out my heart
But you won't listen to me will you? 

Why'd you chose distance over me?
Why'd you chose the silence over my own voice?
Are you satisfied
To have played with my mind and pride like they were toys?

I still remember who you used to be,
Now just a foreigner by your own frivolity.
But I won't shed another tear for you, not one.
Watch me, I'm moving on with all my dignity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment