Movie Reviews

Friday, September 23, 2011

Make Space for Spontaneity

      Life always gives you room to try something different, something that may even surprise people around you. It's up to you to say yes or no. Today, I said yes. I only say no to certain things such as: hurting people intentionally, getting drunk, misbehaving with the opposite sex, doing drugs, being dishonest at the workplace, stealing, and smoking. These are just some of many things that I promised myself that I wouldn't participate in my lifetime. People that came before told me not to do it so why not take their word for it? But today, you can cross one of those things off the "Not to Do" list. A couple of hours ago, I took my first few crude puffs of a Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real.
      Now before some of you start running after me with pitchforks, let me put this into context. Understand that I did this out of my free will and I wasn't coerced.
      Tomorrow, marks the birthday of one of my good friends. Since I had to return upstate later on in the day because of work responsibilities, the afternoon hours will be the only chance that all of us friends can group together and give him a nice warm welcome into the wild age of twenty-one. So after class, two friends and I went on a search for the perfect cake for this lactose-intolerant noobie. After concluding that search in the mouth-watering Martha's Bakery, we stopped by a nearby convenience store and bought two cigars. We chose R&J and Acid since this guy likes to smoke at occasion, to relieve stress. I am the first to advise my friends to not smoke because it is a serious hazard to their health but today, it was his birthday. So F^&* it.
      Meanwhile, the birthday boy was being entertained by my current roommate and by my first-ever-roommate as a freshman in college. The remainder of us came in, broke out the cake and candles, and lit a flame in his being. He was happy and because of that, so were we. While he was sitting down trying to stuff down the last portion of vanilla frosting down his esophagus, I told him that he needs to light up the Cigar before I left and maybe, I'll join him. The look on his face was priceless! For a moment, he stared at me in disbelief and asked, "Are you being serious?" After affirming, disbelief turned to surprise in it's purist condition. Why I did I say yes? I wanted to make his birthday into something special, an experience that us friends could share and remember. Was it worth breaking my own rules? Yeah. As to whether or not I'll do it again, for me this was a one time thing. I'll try my best to keep it that way. If not...Here's to my first steps into the depths of Hell.

3 comments:

  1. See you in hell.

    I have a feeling that God will hold my naughty blog content against me. ):

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think those couple of puffs will kill you. I do think you are on the right track staying away from alcohol, drugs, and casual sex. I had my fair share of all three when I was younger and it took me years to finally accept that they gave me much more pain than pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for both your comments, I enjoyed your responses. Lemons, lol I'm definitely going to do something nice for somebody to counteract this. It may not work that way but what the hell? Elliot, thanks for the support, for all I know, I need every bit of it.

    ReplyDelete