Movie Reviews

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

India Trip Day 1: En Route

       "I'm on my way to New Delhi and it's almost as if I never left home. You remember how I always watch something while I eat? Well it looks like that hasn't changed just yet...Movies, Movies, Movies! I'm surprised though, I heard Air India has improved but it's something else to actually experience it. The one bad thing was that I asked one of the attendants for a tissue and she said that she'll be right back with it. She never came...Hmph. I really like the magazine they have here. In her letter, the Editor of Namaskaar quotes from W.C. Bryant; "The summer morn is bright and fresh, the birds are darting by, as if they loved to breast the breeze that sweeps the cool clear sky." She was referring to New Delhi when she quoted this. Hopefully, I'll be able to feel as she feels about Delhi but for now I think I'm going to watch Inception again. I've been putting it off for a while, it takes my brain a little time to recover from epic awesomeness.
       So I ended up saving Inception for later. I thought it would be a better idea to watch a native movie so I could get myself in the mood for India. Plus, I realized that the more I watch these movies the more I learn the language. Since my mother tongue speaking skills are way under par, this will just have to make due. I'm running out of time!
       I can't help what I do in my unconscious. I mean if I accidentally end up sleeping on a grandmother next to me, is that such a crime? But my parents can't stop laughing about it and bringing it up. In my favor though, the grandma loved sitting next to me. I don't even think she minded if I did use her shoulder as a pillow. Or was it her head? I don't remember. I did everything for her. If she wanted to watch something, all me. If she wanted a tissue, all me. If she accidentally turned on the very annoying personal light five times, and she didn't know how to turn it off, all me. I think I saw tears of sadness as we parted ways."
       This was my first entry that I wrote on the way to India. It might seem broken off and not together but that's because I wrote throughout the day. A new paragraph means a new time of day. One thing I left out is that before I got on the plane, I touched the outside of the plane for good luck. I don't know who else does that but it couldn't hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment