Movie Reviews

Sunday, August 14, 2011

India Trip Day 5: Dream Away

         The first part of this entry may be confusing. Hell, it was confusing to me looking back at the entry. I wrote this part right when I got up. I was probably still half asleep while writing it.

         "What a dream. All I remember though is one part having to do with what I wrote in my first blog entry and my little sister was in it. It's really strange. In the dream, I was writing notes from a book I read before. The name of the book is not coming to me. I then closed the cover of the book and the name of my blog was on the cover with someone else's name written under it! As soon as I saw it, I wanted to do find this guy and give him a piece of my mind, no, my fist. I remember walking around in determination and I told my sister that I need to find this person. What makes it stranger is that the book only had a chapter and a half of text written in it. It was incomplete. Why couldn't my dream be about me going back in time and taking the place of Shah Jahan or Akbar?  I'm waiting for an epic dream like that to blow my subconscious away. My subconscious, is there a worse place? I hope no one gets to see it.
         It's five in the morning here and I tried waking up my dad to tell him to get ready. No luck. He just turned the other way. If we're late in picking up his brother, he'd better not look at me. You know what, I'm going to play it off that I didn't try to wake him up at all just to confuse him. Hah!
         Yeah...That wasn't even brought up, failed attempt at confusion. It was a stupid idea anyway. That was an interesting trip to the train station. We had a possible encounter with a pickpocket but our aunt would have slapped him in the face and that's if I didn't nab him first. One lucky guy, I think he knew we were on to him so he went on his merrily way. We finally met up with Glaison and Monachen Uncle. Things were awkward at first with Glaison. We were very happy when we said our first words to each other and then we didn't talk for a good half hour. Truthfully, I don't think this awkwardness will leave us anytime soon. Hopefully it will. All I know so far is that he has played piano for a while and he likes to play badminton. All of a sudden I'm getting a headache. I think I've been staring the screen a little too long.
         Yo! Too much, too much. I can't believe I made it through the day. We visited so many places today, it's crazy. The only thing bad about it was that the dreadful humidity made that headache massively worse. As a result, I couldn't enjoy the first couple of sites as much as I wanted to. But after seeing the freaking amazing Lotus Temple all my problems just vanished.
         We had a lot of laughs today and we grew closer together as a family. We tried to surprise a family relative that lives in New Delhi but we ended up having a tough time. They expected us to get there a couple of days earlier but, anyway, we got through it as a family. Our driver was taking us for some shopping and, as I heard it, he kept calling the places "undergarment shops."  He kept on saying it and I couldn't help but get a little weirded out. Why does this guy keep on saying this and why is nobody else reacting? I don't want to go there. So as we were talking about what we were going to buy there and I casually answered, "undergarments." They all started to laugh hysterically. Supposedly, he was saying under-government. Hehe
          There's no sleep tonight. Tonight is out last night in New Delhi so we're going to put it to good use. We're going to talk to each other till morning. I don't know if I'm going to pull through that. I don't think I ever talked to someone throughout the night. Noon flight tomorrow to my second home. Kerala, its been too long. Eight years to be exact."

No comments:

Post a Comment