Movie Reviews

Thursday, August 11, 2011

India Trip Day 2: We have Arrived!

       "As we turned into a slum like street in New Delhi looking for the hotel we had reservations for, I couldn't help but be a little weary. Good thing was that I was out of that plane seat which I tortured for thirteen hours straight. Thankfully, my butt finally got it's form back. Having the i-touch in my back pocket for that long was definitely a bad idea. What? I thought I would lose it
       The Sunstar hotel.Whew... cut it a little close there. This place is actually pretty nice regardless of its placement. When I entered, I immediately saw things I wanted to take pictures of. Like the mini Michelangelo-like painting on the ceiling and the weird Egyptian wallpaper in the hotel lobby. This place was weird different but the atmosphere was nice.
       I thought it would be nice eating on the rooftop but the lighting up there was extremely bad. The waiters were walking around like it wasn't a problem at all. I guess this is how it is in New Delhi. We just didn't want to risk messing with curry handicapped like that. So, we ended up eating down in the basement. Before eating, I had to sit through my dad's attempt to order food for us. I have to earn my keep! He eventually gets it but it takes too long. He keeps repeating our order to the waiter and gets confused easily if the waiter says something different. I still love you, dad. Right now, I stuffed myself with the first legit meal of India, roti and chicken masala. When in doubt of what to get, you will never go wrong with roti and masala.Winning combination right there. Deliciousness! I lost count of how many rotis I ate. 
       Tomorrow Agra, I need to get some shuteye. Really early day ahead of me, lots of walking to boot. But it's just enough to counter all this food I just ate. Just one thing though. Hey you, Agra weather. Please spare me or else!"

No comments:

Post a Comment