Movie Reviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

India Trip Day 4: To the pool!

       "What'd I tell you? Bright and early, I'm heading poolside.
         That was so fun. My legs are tired out and I'm really hungry. I'm cold, my sister is taking way too long in the bathroom and I'm getting the floor wet. I just learned something though. You shouldn't really talk to strangers especially when in a different country. Some guy at the pool asks me if I come from India and I said, "No, America." After saying this my heart started beating rapidly. My mind kept on telling me that I shouldn't have done that. You could say that I was scared. Scared for him if he decides to do something stupid. I think I learned enough from Liam Neeson's Taken! Paranoid anyone? But that's the last time I'm going to tell someone that I come from America. Sure that may not even be in his mind but it just didn't feel right. I didn't want to talk to him anymore. So I did a couple of laps around the pool and got out. I thought I spent a good 45 minutes swimming but when I looked at my watch it was just 20. Does time slow down when you're in water, or something? This whole paragraph is stupid. Haha. Time for some more sightseeing baby! But I'm going to pass out in the car.
          So we didn't go to the Sikander Fort today but we did go to the Purana Qila Fort. Here, Agra Fort is also called the Old Fort.  On the way there, I learned a lot of Hindi from my cousin Glency. She's got an amazing voice and is a very talented dancer. She sang two songs for us on our way to the sites, which was pretty brave. I love it when I have talented cousins. It makes me want to be better. She sang Amy Winehouse's Rehab and A.R. Rahman's Dil Se. Awesomeness!
          Man what a day? I finally got a chance to charge both my touch and my camera. Chyea! But man what  day. We went to so many epic places and met up with great architecture and styles. But I got annoyed by the hundreds of people that wanted to be our tour guides. My dad was this close to killing one of them  because his guy wouldn't stop asking us if he can. This guide was very determined. We were driving in the car and he spotted us in his motorcycle. He then sped after us and asked us to stop, which we didn't. We hit traffic and then he got his chance. We should have just let him be our guide after that but sorry buddy we have our own plans. These guys mean business. The only thing they did not do to this one poor foreign tourist is eat him. They were grabbing at the poor guy from all over, there must have been a good seven of them.
          It's a really bad situation here. There are kids on the streets with deep wanting in their eyes, who have no clothes, and here I am taking everything I have for granted. I am a piece of work.
          After a long day of seeing the beautiful creations of Shah Jahan and Akbar we set back for Delhi. Agra is not in Delhi by the way, it's a four hour drive from it. I wasn't wearing anything in my back pockets but this seat is killing me. I think I've been writing about my butt pain way too much, no more.
          We're back in our hotel. I'm getting the cameras fully charged right now and sending some long awaited emails to friends and family back home. After this, I'm going up to my room to enjoy awesome fruits we just bought; apples, pineapples, mangoes! Maybe I should take a shower first. I sweated like a monkey today. Tomorrow, I'm waking up bright and early to pick up my dad's brother and his son, Glaison, from the train station. I wonder what Glaison's all about. Tomorrow, though it's going to be another long day of sightseeing, I'll have these fully charged cameras to take as many photos as my heart desires.
          On another note, I've been on edge today when we went out to get fruits from the street markets. I've been putting out my chest and pulsing my arms, getting ready to pounce any person who dares to be stupid enough to touch my girls. I'm pretty sure they could handle themselves but I've just been harboring this raw anger for anyone who tries to hurt my family or even give them the wrong look. Woe to he who decides that he should put my family in harm's way. Especially, here in India where anyone would do anything to get his or her break. Sorry bud, it's not going to happen at the cost of my family. Tomorrow...Real Delhi, baby! Revamped...enter Monachen uncle and Glaison." 

No comments:

Post a Comment