Movie Reviews

Monday, August 15, 2011

Midnight in Paris

         As yesterday was winding down, I decided to press my luck. It was a long day and after eight hours of work, all I wanted to do is lay in bed and watch a movie. Everyone talks about how movies today are unimpressive and lack creativity but I beg to differ. Given, the movies today are straightforward and don't really require much thinking power to understand but nothing has changed about where they leave your senses and emotions. Movies today are still able to grasp your interest and your imagination. "Midnight in Paris," starring Owen Wilson and Rachael McAdams, is somewhat proof of my statement.

I have a particular taste in movies. If I don't like the actor in a movie, I don't like the movie. There are only a few actors out there whose acting sparks something within me. You can call me closed minded but that's just the way I am. Owen Wilson is one of those actors who I don't like to watch. The vibe that he gives off his certainly different but I think that he can't bring a sense of seriousness into his movies, which I dislike.

The movie poster of this movie was inviting enough and I was in an artsy movie mood. I was hesitant to watch the movie at first but the story line peaked my interest. It's about the experiences of a struggling writer in Paris and how fantastical events shape the way he thinks about his writing and his relationships. I decided, what the hey? People say that I don't have an open mind, here you go.
       This movie works well in conjunction with Wilson's jovial and carefree attitude that he brings to his final products. In order to pull off a movie that is based on fantasy, you have to have the certain something that Wilson does have.  This movie had a nice balance of intrigue and humor and it left me with good feelings. I could argue that the end was a bit incomplete but I can accept it. Go ahead give it a go, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment